This delicious vegan soup is so simple to make and great for the entire family; just reduce the amount of chilli if you're cooking for children. You can also give the leftovers to your kids to take to school in their food flasks - so much warmer and nicer than a sandwich!
* Use pumpkin or a combination of sweet potato and pumpkin.
* Roast the sweet potato for added depth of flavour, instead of boiling it.
* Accompany with toasted sprouted bread instead of rice.
* Serve with a side of steamed greens tossed with a little coconut oil.
* Replace the rice with quinoa or farro, for added protein.