Japanese Cucumber Salad
This cucumber salad with its fresh Japanese flavours is so light, crisp and refreshing; the perfect accompaniment to grilled fish or chicken.
- 3 medium Lebanese Cucumbers , sliced
- 1 Green Shallot , finely sliced
- 2 tsp Sesame Seeds , lightly toasted
- 1/2 bunch Coriander Leaves , chopped
- 1/2 tsp Chilli Flakes , or finely sliced fresh red chilli
- 4 tbsp Brown Rice Vinegar
- 4 tbsp Mirin
- 2 tsp Tamari or Shoyu
- 1 tsp Toasted Sesame OIl
- 2 tsp Finely Grated Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan or Sea Salt
Instead of slicing the cucumbers shave them into long slices with a vegetable peeler.
Add some finely sliced carrot, radish and/or daikon.