It’s school holidays, and if you’re desperately trying to engage your kids in fun activities – away from the computer and television screens – then you’re going to love us for this.
Baking isn’t just therapeutic for adults, but your sweet little kids are going to love it as well, especially when the recipe demands six ingredients and no-nonsense mixing. These are sugar-free, incredibly high in their protein content, dairy-free and don’t require a blender. Don’t we love these kinda recipes?
Buy some cute aprons for the kids, tell them it’s their ‘task’ of the day, and watch your little monsters turn into the cookie kind.
At The Health Emporium we have three nut butter machines for you to make your own almond, hazelnut and peanut butters, all of which taste so very delicious being freshly grounded.
Almond Butter Cookies
- 2 Cups Almond Butter Freshly ground
- 2 Eggs Organic, lightly beaten
- 1 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Sea Salt Unrefined
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Powder or extract
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder Aluminium-free
- 1/2 Cup Jam Naturally sweetened, flavour of your choosing
- Preheat oven to 170C (150C for a fan-forced oven), and line two trays with baking paper.
- Combine all the ingredients, except for the jam, in a large bowl and stir well, until creamy.
- ith slightly dampened hands roll heaped tablespoons of the mixture into balls, place on the baking trays and flatten with the palm of your hand into rounds about 5cm in diameter.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until it starts to turn golden brown.
- Let them cool completely before sandwiching two biscuits with a teaspoonful of your favourite jam. To keep them crisp only fill those biscuits you intend to eat that day.
* Use freshly ground hazelnut or peanut butter instead of almond.
* Spread gorgeous Loving Earth Coconut Chocolate Butter between the biscuits instead of jam.
* Try any kind of berry, plum, cherry or apricot jam; all would be delicious. You could also have an assortment.
* In the warmer months replace the jam with your favourite flavour of coconut milk ice cream. Yum!