This Choc Hazelnut Spread is a healthy version of Nutella; creamy, wholesome, contains only natural ingredients, and is so, so moreish. It has no refined-sugar and is sweetened only with a rice syrup, such a wonderful ingredient as it is filled with essential nutrients, is fructose-free, with a lovely smooth gentle flavour that is not excessively sweet and doesn’t overpower. The spread also contains organic raw cacao, which is jam packed with antioxidants, magnesium and many other essential minerals. Additionally, hazelnuts are rich in protein, good fats and many vitamins and minerals. This Choc Hazelnut Spread will keep you energised, happy and healthy!
The recipe is so very easy; in fact will take no longer than three minutes! Perfect for children to make, and they’ll just adore eating it.
At The Health Emporium we have three nut butter making machines, including one for freshly ground hazelnut butter. As the nut butters are made on the spot they taste so fresh and delicious.
Choc Hazelnut Spread
- 1 Cup Hazelnut Butter**
- 1/4 Cup Cacao Powder Raw
- 2 Tbsp Rice Syrup
- 1/3 Tsp Vanilla Powder Or extract
- 1/4 Tsp Sea Salt Himalayan
- Simply mix all the ingredients together. So easy!
- Try spreading it on fresh strawberries, or on finely sliced apple, pear, banana or orange.
- Spread on sprouted toast or crackers for the quickest breakfast or snack.
- Add a heaped spoonful to a smoothie. Delicious!
- Make prettily decorated jars of it as gifts.
- If you don't have access to freshly ground hazelnut butter you can use a pre-made jar, or you can use a food processor to make hazelnut butter, just grind hazelnuts in the machine for 10-20 minutes, until they become butter.
- Use the spread when making healthy cookies, cakes, slices, puddings or pancakes.
- Heat some with coconut milk for the most amazing hot chocolate.