Cobb Salad is a classic American-style dish that is fresh, super delicious, easy to prepare and wonderfully healthy, filled with good-quality protein, gorgeous vegetables and a lovely mustardy dressing.
We’ve included some cultured vegetables in the salad because they add such a delicious zestiness and as they are fermented they are amazingly good for you; improving gut flora promoting healthy digestion and boosting the immune system.
- 500 Grams Chicken Thighs , organic
- 2 Tbsp Macadamia or Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar , or lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Basil , finely chopped
- 1 Tsp Oregano
- 1 Clove Garlic , crushed
- Salt , unrefined
- Black Pepper , freshly ground
- 4 Organic Eggs
- 250 Grams Bacon , pastured
- 1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes , halved
- 1 Cos Lettuce ,chopped
- 1 Large Avocado , sliced
- 4 Tbsp Cultured Vegetables
- 2 Tsp Wholegrain Mustard
- 2 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar , or lemon juice
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil , organic
- 1 Tsp Honey , or maple syrup
- Sea Salt , unrefined
- Black Pepper , freshly Ground
- Marinate the chicken in the oil, vinegar or lemon juice, basil, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper. Set aside for approximately 30 minutes.
- Hard-boil eggs* and when cool peel and quarter.
- Prepare the tomatoes, avocado and lettuce.
- Make the dressing by mixing all the dressing ingredients together in a glass jar or jug.
- Preheat a barbecue or grill pan to just low heat. Grill the chicken and bacon for about 10 minutes per side, and then slice.
- Layer the salad ingredients, eggs, chicken and bacon in individual bowls or on a serving platter. Drizzle with dressing and serve.
Optional Salad Additions:
- fresh corn
- green beans
- black olives