Delicious coconut-y Banana Chai Pancakes, fragrant with gorgeous warming spices would be a beautiful way to treat your Mum for Mother’s Day this Sunday….or anytime at all really. These pancakes are paleo, free from grains, refined-sugar, gluten, dairy, super healthy, easy and fast to make, as well as tasting heavenly. Your Mum will love them!
Banana Chai Pancakes
- 2 Cups Almond Meal
- 1 Cup Desiccated Coconut
- 1/2 Tsp Salt Unrefined
- 2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Chai Spices* Or 1/4 Tsp of each of ground turmeric, cloves, cardamom and ginger)
- 6 Large Eggs Organic
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Milk Or almond milk
- 2 Tbsp Rice Syrup Or maple syrup
- 4 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 3 Bananas Sliced
- 1/2 Cup Macadamias Activated, or walnuts, pecans, almonds or hazelnuts, for serving
- 1/2 Cup Desiccated Coconut Or shredded, for serving
- Maple Syrup For serving
- Banana Sliced, for serving
- Mix together almond meal, desiccated coconut, salt, cinnamon and chai spices.
- In a separate bowl, mix the eggs, coconut milk and rice syrup together.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry, being careful not to over-mix.
- Melt 1 tbsp coconut oil in a large frypan and add heaped spoonfuls of pancake mixture to the heated pan. Scatter over a few slices of banana on the uncooked side of each pancake.
- After about 5 minutes, once the pancakes are golden on one side, very carefully turn them over and brown on the other side.
- Keep the pancakes warm while you make the remaining ones.
- Melt more coconut oil into the frypan before putting in a new batch.
- Serve sprinkled with shredded coconut and nuts, and drizzled with maple syrup.
- Turn this recipe into Raspberry Cacao Hazelnut Pancakes, by replacing the bananas with raspberries, the almond meal with hazelnut meal, and adding 1/4 cup of raw cacao powder.
- Make Blueberry Coconut Pancakes by adding blueberries instead of bananas and vanilla instead of chai spices .
- Top the pancakes with coconut butter or with your favourite nut butter.
- Substitute the maple syrup with coconut syrup, rice syrup or raw honey.
- Serve the pancakes accompanied with coconut or sheep's milk yoghurt.