Lovely winter afternoons just call for a seat in the sun and a freshly brewed pot of your favourite tea accompanied by these delicious Almond Horseshoe Biscuits. They are made with high-protein almond meal, are grain, gluten and refined-sugar free, as well as super healthy and easy to make.
Almond Horseshoe Biscuits
- 3 Large Egg Whites Organic
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 Cup Honey Raw organic
- 3 1/2 Cups Almond Meal Blanched
- 1 Cup Coconut Flakes Or flaked almonds
- 1/4 Tsp Salt Unrefined
- Preheat oven to 170C and line a two baking trays with baking paper.
- Whisk the egg whites in a mixing bowl until very frothy.
- Stir in the honey and vanilla and beat until creamy and thick.
- Gently fold in the almond meal and salt until completely mixed through.
- Shape the mixture between the palms of your hands into little logs about 2cm thick and 8cm long. If the dough is sticky dust your hands with a little almond meal.
- Roll the biscuits in coconut or almond flakes, twist them into crescent shapes and place on the baking trays.
- Bake the biscuits for 30 minutes, until lightly golden.
- Completely cool the cookies before storing them in an airtight container.
- Add 2 tbsp of finely grated orange or lemon zest.
- Make spiced biscuits by adding 1 tsp ground cinnamon and 1/2 tsp each ground nutmeg and ginger.