These lovely biscuits, free from grains and refined sugars, make the perfectly delicious and healthy accompaniment to a gorgeous pot of your favourite tea. So quick and easy to make, they are filled with the beautiful goodness of nuts, coconut, pastured butter, and just a little maple syrup.
Crunchy Macadamia Cookies
- 1 & 1/2 cups Almonds
- 1 & 1/2 cups Macadamias
- 1 & 1/2 cups Desiccated Coconut
- 2 tsp Baking Powder , aluminium-free
- 100 ml Maple Syrup
- 100 ml Butter , melted
- Preheat oven to 130C (fan forced).
- Grind the almonds and macadamias into a fine meal in a food processor. Do not process for too long or you will end up with butter.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together.
- Stir in the maple syrup and butter.
- Roll into small balls then flatten onto baking trays.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, until they are nicely browned.
- Cool cookies on the tray. They will become crisp and crunchy as they cool down.
- Keep for up to a week in an air-tight container.
- Try different nuts, such as pistachios, walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts, or pine nuts.
- Replace the maple syrup with raw honey or rice syrup.
- For an extra indulgence drizzle the cooled biscuits with raw chocolate, made by gently melting together 1 tbsp of maple syrup, 4 tbsp of coconut oil, 4 tbsp of raw cacao powder, 1 tsp vanilla and a pinch of salt.