For a wonderfully easy barbecue simply marinate organic chicken in a flavour-packed spice mix, add some lovely fresh salads and buttery corn on the cob to create a delicious and healthy Caribbean feast. We love serving Jerk chicken with both a shaved cabbage salad and a big green leaf and avocado salad.
To cook corn on the cob bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add the peeled corn and simmer for 7 minutes. Drain and serve with lots of butter and salt.
Jamaican Barbecued Jerk Chicken
- 500 g Organic Chicken Thighs
- 1 tbsp Herbies Jerk Seasoning* , or 1 tsp each of ground allspice, ginger, chilli and thyme
- 1 tbsp Tamari , or shoyu
- 2 tsp Maple Syrup , or coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp Macadamia Oil , or olive oil
- 1 clove Garlic , finely chopped
- 1/2 Lime , juiced
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan or Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- extra lime wedges , for serving
- Mix the jerk seasoning spices, tamari, maple syrup, garlic, lime juice, salt and pepper together.
- Halve the chicken thighs and toss them through the spice mixture. Set aside in the fridge to marinate for at least 1 hour or up to overnight.
- Take the chicken out of the fridge for 30 minutes before cooking.
- Preheat the barbecue or grill pan to a medium heat and then cook the chicken for 10 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- Rest the chicken for 5 minutes before serving with lime wedges, corn on the cob and salads.