Beautiful fragrant spices and lots of Autumnal zucchini, apples and carrot make this grain-free bread so moist and delicious. It is lovely toasted and buttered for breakfast or serve a slice alongside a pot of your favourite tea for the perfect morning break.
Flourless Harvest Loaf
- 3 cups blanched almond meal
- 2 tsp baking powder , aluminium free
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/4 cup butter , melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup , or honey
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup grated apple , not peeled
- 1 cup grated carrot , not peeled
- 1 cup grated zucchini , not peeled
- Preheat oven to 160C (fan forced).
- Grease and line the base and sides of a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Mix the almond meal, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, salt and nuts together in a large bowl until incorporated.
- In another bowl stir all of the other ingredients together.
- Gently fold the wet mixture into the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour or until a skewer comes out clean. Cover with baking paper during cooking if the top is browning too much.
- Cool the loaf in the tin before slicing.