Beautiful fragrant spices and lots of Autumnal zucchini, apples and carrot make this grain-free bread so moist and delicious. It is lovely toasted and buttered for breakfast or serve a slice alongside a pot of your favourite tea for the perfect morning break.
Flourless Harvest Loaf
- 3 cups Almond Meal , blanched
- 2 tsp Baking Powder , aluminium free
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Ground Allspice
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan or Sea Salt
- 2/3 cup Chopped Walnuts or Pecans
- 1/4 cup Butter , melted
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup , or honey
- 3 large Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 cup Grated Apple , not peeled
- 1 cup Grated Carrot , not peeled
- 1 cup Grated Zucchini , not peeled
- Preheat oven to 160C (fan forced).
- Grease and line the base and sides of a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Mix the almond meal, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, salt and nuts together in a large bowl until incorporated.
- In another bowl stir all of the other ingredients together.
- Gently fold the wet mixture into the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour or until a skewer comes out clean. Cover with baking paper during cooking if the top is browning too much.
- Cool the loaf in the tin before slicing.