These lovely, thin crepes are light and delicious and taste wonderful topped with fresh fruit, maple syrup, lemon juice or nut butters. They’re also great served with savoury fillings, including eggs, avocado, greens, smoked salmon or bacon. They are grain and gluten free and and so ridiculously easy to make – just add the ingredients to a blender. Any leftover batter will keep for 1 day in the fridge and the cooked crepes also freeze beautifully.
Paleo Almond Crepes
- 1 cup coconut milk or full cream milk
- 4 large organic eggs
- 1 cup blanched almond meal
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour , or arrowroot flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp butter , or coconut oil
- Put all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until very smooth.
- Heat a frypan over a medium heat, add 1 teaspoon of butter and swirl it around to coat the pan. Pour 1/3 cup of crepe batter into the centre of the pan and tilt the frypan in a circular motion until it the crepe is evenly spread out. Cook for 2 minutes, until lightly browned. Loosen the edges of the crepe with a spatula, then flip and cook the other side for another minute, until cooked through. Add a little more butter to the pan and repeat for the rest of the batter.
- Serve hot with your choice of toppings.