Reminiscent of a warming laksa, this soup is so incredibly simple and quick to make you can have a delicious and nourishing dinner on the table in 30 minutes. We’ve used the wonderful Church Farm Red Curry Paste as it is so flavoursome and has the best ingredients. All of the beautiful Church Farm products are available at The Health Emporium.
Coconut Curry Noodle Soup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 800 grams organic chicken thighs
- 90 grams (4 tbsp) red curry paste
- 4 cups (1litre) chicken bone broth
- 400 ml coconut milk or cream
- 4 lime leaves , thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 400 grams rice noodles or shirataki noodles
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 1 red chilli , optional
- Heat the coconut oil in a large deep pan and cook the chicken thighs over a medium heat until golden brown, about 5 minutes on each side.
- While the chicken is cooking prepare all of the other ingredients and put a pot of water on to boil for the noodles.
- Remove the chicken and set aside. Add the curry paste to the same pan and fry for 3 minutes. While the paste is cooking slice the chicken into thin strips.
- Add the chicken broth, coconut milk, lime leaves, fish sauce, lime juice and chicken strips to the pan. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. Add the spinach leaves for the last 2 minutes and taste the soup for salt.
- While the soup is cooking boil the noodles as per the packet instructions and drain.
- To serve, put some noodles into the bottom of each bowl, ladle over the soup and top with sprouts, coriander, mint and some optional sliced red chilli.
- You could replace the chicken with tofu or prawns.
- Bok choy or snow peas in place of spinach would be lovely.