She’s got the best (toughest) job in the world, alright. But your mum deserves a little more than long-stemmed roses and a spa voucher this Mother’s Day.
This Sunday morning treat your Mum to a delicious breakfast of French toast, drizzled with organic maple syrup and served with a platter of fresh seasonal fruits and nuts.
It’s essential to choose a good quality sourdough bread or sprouted loaf for this recipe.
At The Health Emporium have a vast selection from Sydney’s best bakeries. For this recipe, we would recommend Spring Wellness sprouted loaf, Sonoma Miche or Country White breads, or a crusty loaf of Iggys favourite sourdough.
Put on your apron and start cooking, kids.
Mother's Day Special: Cinnamon Maple French Toast
- 4 large Eggs , organic
- 100 ml Cream , or milk
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla , powder or extract
- 1 pinch Salt , unrefined
- 4 slices good quality bread , sourdough or sprouted
- 4 tbsp Butter , or ghee
- 4 tbsp Maple Syrup
- Whisk the eggs, cream or milk, cinnamon, vanilla and salt in a large flat bowl.
- Melt two tbsp butter in a large frypan over a medium heat.
- Dip two slices of bread in the egg mixture and then fry on each side until golden brown, approximately 8 minutes.
- Remove and keep warm while cooking the other 2 pieces of French toast.
- Drizzle with maple syrup and serve with your choice of fruits or topping.
Your Mum's favourite fresh seasonal fruits such as bananas, blueberries, plums, raspberries, pears, kiwi fruit or peaches.
Slices of apple or pear that have been fried in a little butter, maple syrup and lemon juice until caramelised.
A sprinkle of chopped activated macadamias, walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts or almonds.
A side dish of sheep's milk yoghurt, ricotta or creme fraiche.