Who doesn’t love dessert? Rhetorical question, we know! There’s nothing better than treating yourself to homemade goodness of creamy nutty mousse – one that doesn’t take hours to prepare. Is that even a possibility? Sure is…
This mousse is super healthy, with cacao, avocado, raspberries and hazelnuts, it is just full of vitamins, minerals, good anti-inflammatory fats and powerful antioxidants. And guess what, it also tastes delicious; kids just LOVE it!
Chocolate Raspberry Hazelnut Mousse
- 2 Avocado Ripe
- 1/3 Cup Maple Syrup Substitute with rice syrup, raw honey, soaked dates or coconut nectar
- 1/2 Cup Cacao Powder Raw
- 1/2 Cup Hazelnut Butter**
- 3/4 Cup Raspberries Fresh or frozen, save a few for decoration
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract or powder
- 1 Pinch Sea Salt Himalayan
- Simply blend all ingredients together for about 5 minutes until creamy using a food processor or stick blender.
- Spoon into small glasses or cups and decorate each with a couple of fresh raspberries.
- Serve straight away or put in the fridge for 30 minutes to firm up.
- Make a gorgeous Raw Raspberry Cacao Tart with this mousse by blending together 1 cup of fresh dates, 1 cup of activated walnuts, pecans or almonds and 1/2 tsp unrefined salt. Press this mixture into a tart tin to make the base, place in the refrigerator to set for 1 hour, then fill with the mousse and decorate just before serving.
- Use the mousse as a topping for cakes and cupcakes, or as a filling for the Almond Butter Cookies. Just add 2 tbsp of coconut oil to make the mousse a little firmer.
- Try strawberries or banana instead of raspberries.
- Add a couple of teaspoons of energising and revitalising maca powder.
- Top with a sprinkle chopped nuts, cacao nibs, desiccated coconut or bee pollen instead of raspberries.
- Try adding the zest of an orange, some fresh mint leaves or a tsp of cinnamon.
- In place of hazelnut butter use almond or cashew butter.
- Any leftovers (unlikely!) can be frozen in small ice block moulds to make the most delicious and healthy treat.