It is Father’s Day this Sunday and what a better to treat ‘The Best Dad in the World!’ than to make him a delicious and healthy breakfast. These pancakes are paleo friendly, free from refined-sugar, gluten, dairy, flour and grains, super easy to make, as well as tasting heavenly. He will love them!
Coconut Blueberry Almond Pancakes
- 1 1/2 Cups Almond Meal
- 1 1/2 Cups Coconut Desiccated
- 1/2 Tsp Sea Salt Unrefined
- 2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 6 Large Eggs Organic
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Milk Or almond milk
- 2 Tbsp Rice Syrup Or maple syrup
- 4 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 Cup Blueberries Fresh or frozen
- 1/2 Cup Walnuts Or pecans, almonds or hazelnuts for serving, activated
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Shredded or desiccated, for serving
- Maple Syrup For serving
- Mix together almond meal, desiccated coconut, salt and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, mix the eggs, coconut milk and rice or maple syrup together.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry, being careful not to over-mix.
- Melt 1 tbsp coconut oil in a large frypan and add heaped spoonfuls of pancake mixture into the heated pan. Scatter over a handful of blueberries on the uncooked side of each pancake.
- After about 5 minutes, once the pancakes are golden on one side, very carefully turn them over and brown on the other side.
- Keep the pancakes warm while you make the remaining ones.
- Melt more coconut oil into the frypan before putting in a new batch.
- Serve sprinkled with shredded coconut and nuts, and drizzled with maple syrup.
- Turn this recipe into Raspberry Cacao Hazelnut Pancakes, by replacing the blueberries with raspberries, the almond meal with hazelnut meal, and adding 1/4 cup of raw cacao powder.
- Try making Banana Chai Panckes, by replacing the blueberries with 3 sliced bananas and adding 3 tbsp chai spice mix* to the dry ingredients.
- Top the pancakes with almond, cashew or hazelnut butter.
- Substitute the maple syrup with coconut syrup, rice syrup or raw honey.
- Serve the pancakes accompanied with coconut or sheep's milk yoghurt.