These deliciously moist Orange and Coconut Muffins are free from grains, gluten and refined sugars, and are also perfect for school lunch boxes as they are made with coconut flour so contain no nuts. They are super quick and easy to make – it takes just 10 minutes prep plus 20 minutes baking time to whip up a batch. Your kitchen will be filled with the gorgeous scent of coconut and oranges, which are at their sweetest, most fragrant best at this time of the year.
Orange Coconut Muffins - Grain, Sugar and Nut Free
- 80 grams (3 tbsp) Butter or Coconut Oil , melted
- 6 large Organic Eggs
- 1/4 cup Raw Honey or Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup Full Cream Milk or Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla , powder or liquid
- zest of 1 large Orange , finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Coconut Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder , aluminium free
- 1/4 tsp Salt , unrefined
- juice of 1/2 large Orange
- Preheat oven to 175C (fan-forced oven).
- Line a muffin tin with paper cases.
- Mix the butter or coconut oil, eggs, honey, milk, vanilla and orange zest together until well combined. Set aside 2 tbsp of zest for topping the muffins later.
- In a separate bowl combine the coconut flour, baking powder and salt, making sure to break up any lumps in the coconut flour.
- Gently fold the wet and dry mixtures together, being careful not too over-mix the ingredients.
- Fill the muffin cases nearly to the top - they will not rise very much.
- Bake the muffins for 20 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean and they are cooked through.
- Spoon the orange juice over the warm muffins and top each with a little sprinkle of orange zest.