This gorgeous salad recipe is from a wonderful cookbook we sell at The Health Emporium called Good Life Great Food by Judy Phillips. It is filled with simple, healthy and delicious recipes designed to share with loved ones and stunning photography designed to inspire anyone in the kitchen. All of the profits from this book are donated to The Black Dog Institute.
Salmon and Asparagus Salad
- 24 Asparagus Spears
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil , extra virgin
- 2 Leeks
- 300g Oyster Mushrooms , or any other type of mushroom
- 6 Eggs , soft boiled
- 4 x 300 g Salmon Fillets , skin on and pin-boned
- 100 g Baby Spinach Leaves
- 100 g Rocket Leaves
- small handful Dill Sprigs
- 2 tbsp Capers , drained
- Trim the asparagus and then cut each spear in half width-ways.
- Trim the leeks, wash well and cut into 1cm (½in) rounds.
- Tear any large oyster mushrooms in half.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F. Place the asparagus on a roasting tray and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil.
- Roast for 10 minutes, shaking the tray occasionally, until the asparagus is tender. Meanwhile, combine the leeks and mushrooms on a large baking tray in a single layer, drizzle with the remaining oil and season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Roast for 15-20 minutes, or until golden and tender. Set the vegetables aside.
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper. Heat the hotplate of a barbecue or a char-grill pan to high then place the salmon, skin side down, on the hot plate. Cook for 5 minutes then turn the fish over; and cook for another 3 minutes or until cooked through but still pink in the middle. Place the fish on a large plate and leave to cool slightly.
- For the dressing, whisk all the ingredients together in a bowl and season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Scatter the spinach and rocket leaves over a large serving platter.
- Using your fingers, break the salmon into 3cm (11⁄4 in) pieces, discarding the skin and bones. Scatter the fish, vegetables, dill sprigs and capers over the leaves then drizzle with the dressing. Peel the eggs and tear in half and place on top then serve.