So fresh, crunchy and flavoursome, this salad, loaded with fragrant herbs, takes just minutes to prepare.
It is a perfect lunch dish and can also be served as an accompaniment to chicken, fish or lamb. Try it alongside the Fragrant Spiced Chicken with Cardamon Rice recipe on our website. See the link below:
This recipe is inspired by similar ones by Samin Nosrat and Sylvia Fountaine.
Persian Salad with Herbs, Walnuts & Feta
- 1/2 cup walnuts , activated or lightly toasted
- 3 Lebanese cucumbers , sliced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes , halved
- 4 radishes , thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion or shallots , finely sliced
- 1/2 cup feta , crumbled
- 1/2 cup parsley , finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mint , finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dill , finely chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Toast the walnuts if necessary and then roughly chop them when they have cooled.
- Layer all of the salad ingredients in a bowl.
- Place the dressing ingredients into a small jar and shake to combine. Taste for salt and pepper.
- Toss the salad with the dressing just before serving.